Best of the East – St. John’s to Bonavsita
Thousands of gannets close enough to hear their wings beat. Wharves hosting local characters as colourful as the landscape. Tiny outports elegant in their simplicity. These are some of the reasons to visit eastern Newfoundland.
- The scenic and historic jewels of St. John’s fill your first day.
- A boat tour to fill your imaginations and lenses with whales and puffins.
- Cultural highlight of early European archeology and then, thousands of gannets close enough to hear their wing beats.
- Off the Avalon Peninsula to Trinity and Bonavista where gorgeous outports serve as a backdrop to theatre performances and museums telling our history.
- Day 5 takes you back to the capital city with a chance to visit more tiny outports and chat with locals along the way.
If you are lucky enough to have time on your vacation, treat your senses to an exploration of the eastern side of our island’s glorious landscapes. While you might imagine scenery that will delight your eyes, no one anticipates delightful accents and local terms that identify individual communities as clearly as on a map.
Whether you arrive or depart Newfoundland via St. John’s, our five day tour will bring you to sites where birds congregate by the thousands, whales relentlessly pursue their supper, a culture comes alive and North America’s easternmost city thrives around a harbour filled with ships and history..
If you are visiting St. John’s for business, this is an ideal opportunity to see a little of our culture and scenery. Don’t have five days? Contact us with your schedule and interests. We will fill the few hours or days you are in the province with as many memories and experiences as you can absorb.
- 4 nights’ accommodation
- 5 day car rental
- site passes
- puffin tour
Per Person Price: $675 + tax, based on double occupancy
All prices are in Canadian dollars. Applicable taxes include 13% HST.